- Copyright of the open access article in the Iranian Journal of Orthodontics is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant IJO and Sinaweb a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article for any non-commercial use, as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
In submitting an article to the Iranian Journal of Orthodontics I certify that:
- I am authorized by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- I warrant, on behalf of myself and my co-authors, that:
- the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
- I am/we are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to Sinaweb are not in breach of any other obligation;
- the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
- I/we have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To my/our - and currently accepted scientific - knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
- I, and all co-authors, agree that the article, if editorially accepted for publication, shall be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License 4.0.
- I, and all co-authors, agree that, if the article is editorially accepted for publication in Iranian Journal of Orthodontics, data included in the article shall be made available under the Creative Commons 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver, unless otherwise stated.
Author self-archiving policy
This policy sets out the ways in which Iranian Journal of Orthodontics authors may self-archive versions of their work on their own webpages, on institutional webpages, and in other non-commercial repositories.
Abstract and Citation information
Authors may reuse the Abstract and Citation information (e.g. Title, Author name, Publication dates) of their article anywhere at any time including social media such as Facebook, blogs and Twitter, providing that where possible a link is included back to the article on the IJO site. Preferably the link should be, or include, the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) which can be found in the Citation information about your article online.
Author’s Original Version
The Author’s Original Version (AOV) is defined here as the un-refereed author version of an article completed before submission of the article to the journal. This is sometimes referred to as the “preprint” version. The author accepts full responsibility for the article, and the content and layout is set out by the author.
Authors may make their AOV available anywhere at any time. This includes posting on their own personal websites, institutional or non-commercial subject based repositories, commercial platforms websites or repositories, or social media, provided that, upon acceptance, they acknowledge that the article has been accepted for publication as follows:
This article has been accepted for publication in Iranian Journal of Orthodontics Published by Sinaweb.
After publication we would also ask authors to update their AOV with the Digital Object Identifier (DOI), and include a link to the Version of Record.
The accepted manuscript (AM) is the final draft author manuscript, as accepted for publication by a journal, including modifications based on referees’ suggestions, before it has undergone copyediting, typesetting and proof correction. This is sometimes referred to as the post-print version.
Immediately upon publication authors may:
- Immediately upload their AM to their own personal webpage (excluding commercial websites and repositories)
- Immediately upload their AM to their institutional or other non-commercial subject based repositories and make them available publicly.
Authors under the CC BY-NC licence may share and distribute their article on non-commercial websites and repositories immediately upon publication.